| You are here: Home >
Containers > Resources > Transportation > Top 10 Global Shipping Lines
The demand for freight carriers has spurred many companies to take on the job. These companies pride themselves on their logistical skills and their presence in the remotest of places that ensures a speedy and successful delivery to any corner of the world. The top 10 shipping lines that are provided below take up around 80% of the world market. Here’s looking at them.
1. Maersk – The Danish company is the world’s top carrier with a market share of 15% and has a presence in all of the world’s ports. Their ships are regularly seen entering and exiting the top ports in the world.
2. Federal Express – FedEx as it is commonly known is one of the most known and recognized shipping companies around. They ship hundreds of tons of cargo all around the world regularly and are a pioneer in this field.
3. United Parcel Services – UPS is also a very well recognized company and is one of the topmost shipping lines withnumerous ships and aircraft hauling tons of cargo all over the world.
4. Mediterranean Shipping Company – MSC is one of the leading global shipping lines of the world. Founded in 1970, it is a private organization and through their impeccable services has steadily grown to become one of the best shipping lines out there.
5. Hapag-Lloyd – The German company found in 1970 as a merger of two pre existing companies from the 19th century is now one of the leading players of the shipping line industry. They are a go-to group for all cargo shipping needs.
6. CMA CGM – The French company is the third largest container company in the world serving a network of over 200 shipping routes between 400 ports in over 150 countries.
7. Evergreen Line – Evergreen Line is the unified trade name for the five shipping companies of the Evergreen group. It is the fourth largest shipping line in the world with over 180 ships in their fleet to meet customer demands.
8. APL – The Singapore based Neptune Orient Lines is a leading shipping line offering seamless global connectivity with highly competitive transit times.
9. COSCO Container Lines Americas – This shipping line has been active for more than 20 years now and has served thousands of customers and companies in the meanwhile delivering cargo on time and in intact condition.
10. NYK – Nippon Yusen Kaisha or NYK line is one of the leading shipping lines out there, which offers premium transport services for clients while providing the topmost standards of safety.